Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Power.
We all know that having healthy snacks can help us really feel better in our bodies. Increasing our consumption of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more balanced feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a portion of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. Finding snacks that help us feel better and increase our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try one of many following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Probably the most popular snacks is yogurt. Sometimes people choose to eat yogurt over a nutritious lunch which is not the right idea. You can’t beat yogurt any time it comes to a healthy snack though. Along with calcium, it’s a good supplier of aminoacids and vitamin B. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help maintain the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by many people. Try including some nutritious nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an simple way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup with parmesan/cheddar croutons recipe. You can have french onion soup with parmesan/cheddar croutons using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons:
- Get 4 large of Yellow onions, finely sliced.
- Take 4 of Red onions, finely sliced.
- Take 1 of Leek, finely sliced and washed.
- You need 5 clove of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 40 grams of Butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Use 1 of Dried bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of bouquet garni of parsley, thyme and oregano.
- Take 1 3/4 of Litre, good quality chicken stock.
- Use 1 cup of Red wine.
- Get 1 of Splash of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of Grated cheddar & Parmesan to serve.
- Provide 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of French stick, sliced thickly diagonally.
- Get 1 of Grated cheddar and Parmesan.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons:
- Slice all onions and leeks..
- Heat a large heavy base melt butter and add olive oil- high heat. Add onions and leek. You want to sweat down onions slowly for around and hour. Stir occasionally, and return lid so that it 3/4 covers pot- allowing steam to escape..
- You will have to turn temp down whilst cooking onions, you don't want to burn or over do them. Meanwhile, gather herbs and tie together with string to make bouquet garni..
- Deglaze pot with wine and vinegar. Add stock and herbs. Bring to the boil- reduce heat and simmer for a further 1/2 hour. Check and adjust seasoning if needed..
- Now to get croutons ready. Heat oven to 160*C. Slice French stick. Grate cheddar and Parmesan over bread. Grate extra cheese to add to soup..
- Bake until golden brown an cheese has melted. Remove and set aside..
- Serve soup in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese and top with croutons. Yum!.
If you find this French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.