Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken in coconut soup with galangal and chillies (Tom Kha Gai) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken in coconut soup with galangal and chillies (Tom Kha Gai) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken in coconut soup with galangal and chillies (Tom Kha Gai) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Deciding to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken in coconut soup with galangal and chillies (tom kha gai) recipe. To make chicken in coconut soup with galangal and chillies (tom kha gai) you only need 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken in coconut soup with galangal and chillies (Tom Kha Gai):
- You need 300 grams of chicken.
- Provide 400 ml of coconut milk.
- Use 200 ml of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of rhizome of galangal (or 3 Tsp Galangal paste).
- Use 2 stalks of lemon grass (cut to 3 fingers long pieces and bruise them).
- You need 2 of shallots (bruise them).
- Provide 3-4 of Kaffir Lime leaves.
- Take 2 teaspoon of Tamarind paste.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Demerara sugar.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 2.5 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- Take 2.5 tablespoon of Lime (Half large Lime).
- Use 4-5 of bird eyes chillies (up to your taste).
- Prepare 4-5 of dried chillies (you don't need to put this, if you don't have).
- Use of Coriander for garnish.
Instructions to make Chicken in coconut soup with galangal and chillies (Tom Kha Gai):
- Toast some dried chillies with a little oil in another pot that we will make the Tom Kha soup in. Take out the toasted dried chillies. Leave them on the side. We will use these dried chillies to garnish at the end..
- Boil chicken stock with galangal, lemon grass, shallots and a pinch of salt in to the pot. Once it’s boiling, put chicken. Then simmer with the medium heat. Don't stir them..
- Add 3/4 coconut milk and then bring it up to the boil..
- Stir them, then add tomatoes, mushroom, chopped chillies, the rest of coconut milk, sugar and tamarind paste. Stir them and bring it up to the boil..
- Add kaffir lime leaves, Turn off the heat and add fish sauce and lime juice. Mix them and taste it and add more salt, chillies or lime (up to your taste)..
- Add back toasted dried chillies and garnish with coriander..
If you find this Chicken in coconut soup with galangal and chillies (Tom Kha Gai) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.