Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for French Onion Skillet recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Skillet recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Skillet recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Treats.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of wellness. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Finding snacks that will help us feel better and increase our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Whole grain meals are an outstanding choice for a fast wholesome snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that added boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Make the shift from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy and balanced doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion skillet recipe. To make french onion skillet you only need 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Skillet:
- Get 2 Tbsp. of butter.
- Take of Dense bread, cubed, enough to cover bottom of cast iron skillet.
- Provide 1-2 cups of cubed, shredded, minced, sliced meat of your choice.
- Provide 1 (10 1/2 oz.) of can French Onion soup.
- Take 6-8 oz. of Sour cream.
- Get 8 oz. of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- You need of Optional:.
- You need of Mushrooms.
- You need of Onions.
- Provide of Thyme.
- You need of Substitions:.
- Get of Bread cubes can be substituted with boxed stuffing mixes.
- Get of Provolone or Swiss work as alternative cheese options.
- You need of Beef broth can sub for French onion soup.
Instructions to make French Onion Skillet:
- I pulled everything out of my fridge and pantry that needed to be used up TODAY. Then I tapped my foot with my hands on my hips, tilted my head and chewed on my lip, wrinkled my forehead and…. Well this is where I ended up…..
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in an iron skillet, or an oven proof skillet. I use a skillet because I'm going to cook, stick in the fridge and reheat after my kids basketball game..
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cube bread into 1" or hearty bite sized pieces, needs to hold up during saucing process but not so big you need to cut it up later..
- Once butter has melted and just started to brown, throw in the bread, move around to cover the bottom of the skillet but do not toss it. You want an even layer of buttered, slightly fried bread. Remove from heat once bread has started to brown..
- Next, top with meat. I minced up some leftover steak in my food processor and sprinkled it all over. With the flavor combinations in this recipe, red meat definitely works best, but you do not have to mince the meat, just avoid large pieces that will require additional cutting at serving time..
- Then I pulled out some leftover canned mushrooms.. Sighed… I went to the store today, failed to buy some fresh fungi and this is what I'm left with. Which, as I took the picture I had the realization they may be the ugliest of the foods. Proceed to chop the mushrooms, continue to contemplate using a grocery list…. Sprinkle those ugly little pieces of yumminess on top the bread and steak skillet..
- In a bowl whisk 1 can French onion soup and 8 oz. of sour cream together. If you only have a partial container of sour cream, just add some milk or cream to make up the difference..
- Pour the sour cream mixture on top of the skillet meal you have assembled..
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes..
- Shred 8 oz. of mozzarella or as much cheese as you want, or until your arm gets tired, or until you hit your knuckle on the cheese grater…. Probably works to tear open a package of shredded cheese too… I didn't buy any at the store today… Grocery lists people….
- Now decide how soon you're going to eat… If you are hungry go ahead and top the skillet with the cheese and pop it back in the oven for a couple minutes or let it sit covered while you pull together the rest of your meal. For me this is a make ahead meal, so I shredded my cheese on a piece of foil. Then I wrapped it up in a little pouch and threw it in the fridge with the cooled, prepared skillet. "Threw" may not be the appropriate verb here..
- Later….. I pull skillet out of fridge, top with cheese, cover with foil, and heat on the stove top over a medium low heat… While trying to get my kids to shower and put away their sports gear and I try to find my cork screw and wine (which strangely enough I remembered without a grocery list….) Hmmmm……
- Enjoy :).
If you find this French Onion Skillet recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.