Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Jeera rice / cumin rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Jeera rice / cumin rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jeera rice / cumin rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making a few small changes.
These sorts of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be good for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jeera rice / cumin rice recipe. To make jeera rice / cumin rice you need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Jeera rice / cumin rice:
- Provide 1 cup of basmati rice or sona masoori rice.
- Prepare 3/4 cups of water.
- Get 1 of indian bay leaf,tej patta.
- Provide 2 of green cardamom, hari elaichi,.
- Use 2 tbsp of oil or 1.5 tbsp ghee.
- You need 2 tsp of cumin seeds,jeera.
- Prepare 1 of green peas, (optional).
- Get 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves,dhania patta or curry leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cashewnuts, pista (optional).
Instructions to make Jeera rice / cumin rice:
- Method: basmati rice or choose rice till the water runs clear of starch. soak the rice for 30 mins and then drain them..
- Keep aside. heat 3/4 cups water. add all the whole spices. add rice and salt..
- Simmer the rice on a low flame uncovered. the rice grains should be cooked till tender and yet separate..
- Drain the water and keep the cooked rice aside. if you want you can rinse also the rice with water at room temperature. this stops the cooking of the rice and keeps the grains separate..
- Heat oil in a small pan. add cumin/jeera. let them crackle. they have to be fried well otherwise you will taste uncooked cumin in the rice..
- Add the green chilies. stir for a few seconds. no need to brown the chilies. add the tempering to the hot or warm rice..
- With a fork, gently mix the tempering with the rice grains. even if some rice grains break, it's alright. do gently taking care so as not to break the rice grains..
If you find this Jeera rice / cumin rice recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.