Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to alter everything straightaway or that you have to altogether eliminate certain foods from your diet. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will see that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lotus root dumplings (clear soup version) recipe. To cook lotus root dumplings (clear soup version) you need 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version):
- Get 1 of section Lotus root.
- You need 2 of Fresh shiitake mushrooms.
- Provide 2 tbsp of ●Katakuriko.
- You need 2 tsp of ●Sake.
- Take 1 tsp of ●Soy sauce.
- Take 1 pinch of ●Salt.
- Take 1 dash of ●Pepper.
- Get 1 dash of ●Ginger (grated, including the juice).
- Take 500 ml of Dashi stock (kombu or shiitake mushroom based dashi, or dashi stock granules).
- Get 1 tsp of ■Beet sugar (or white sugar).
- Use 1 pinch of ■Salt.
- Get 1 tsp of ■Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ■Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Green onions (finely sliced).
Instructions to make Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version):
- Chop the shiitake mushrooms finely. If you are not a vegetarian, you can use 50 g of peeled and chopped shrimp instead..
- Peel the lotus root, cut into half lengthwise and soak in water with a little vinegar (about 1 teaspoon of vinegar with enough water to cover the lotus root) to get rid of the astringency..
- Grate the soaked lotus root and squeeze it out lightly to eliminate some of the moisture. Add the shiitake mushrooms or shrimp from Step 1 to the grated lotus root in a bowl..
- Add the seasoning ingredients to Step 3, and knead gently with your hands to bring everything together. Taste and adjust the seasonings (you can add a little sugar at this point.) If you are not a vegetarian, add 1/2 of an egg white to make the dumplings light and fluffy..
- When the flavor is to your taste, form the mixture into about ping-pong sized dumplings. I could make 8 to 9 dumplings with these ingredients..
- Wrap up each dumpling in a piece of plastic wrap. Twist the ends tightly..
- Microwave the wrapped dumplings from Step 6 for 2 minutes, then take off the plastic. Your chewy lotus root dumplings are done!.
- Make the clear soup: Add the flavoring ingredients to 500 ml of dashi (make the dashi stock with kombu and shiitake mushrooms, or use dashi stock granules.).
- Heat up the Step 8 mixture, add the Step 7 lotus root dumplings and bring to a boil (don't heat for too long). Ladle into serving bowls, sprinkle in some chopped green onion and it's done..
If you find this Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.