Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Caldo de Res (Soup of Beef) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo de Res (Soup of Beef) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that many people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most likely purchase a lot of food items out of habit. As an example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo de res (soup of beef) recipe. You can have caldo de res (soup of beef) using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Caldo de Res (Soup of Beef):
- Use 2 lb of Beef Shank (Cut into 1/2" pcs).
- Provide 2 lb of Beef stew meat (Cut into 1/2"pcs).
- Provide 2 Tbsp of EVOO.
- Take 2 Tbsp of salt.
- Take 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Provide 2 of med onion chopped.
- Use 3 cans (14 oz) of Beef broth.
- Get 4 cups of water (approx).
- Get 3 of med to lrg Carrots (chopped).
- Provide 1/4 cup of Cilantro.
- Take 2 of lrg Potato (chopped).
- Get 2 ears of corn (cut in half) more if u like corn.
- Get 2 of chayote (quartered).
- Use 1 of med head of Cabbage (cored cut into wedges).
- Take 2 of Serrano Peppers (sliced).
- Get 1 bunch of Celery (chopped).
- Provide 1 of Zucchini (chopped).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cumin.
- Take 1 Tbsp of oregano.
- Get 4-5 cloves of garlic (peeled and chopped).
- Provide of All vegetables should be peeled.
Instructions to make Caldo de Res (Soup of Beef):
- Cut the meat from the beef bones into about 1/2 inch pieces, leaving some on the bones. Heat a heavy soup pot over medium-high heat until very hot. Add the oil, tilting the pan to coat the bottom. Add the meat and bones, and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until thoroughly browned..
- Add 1 onion and garlic and cook until lightly browned. Stir in the jalapeños and broth. The liquid should cover the bones by 1/2 inch. If not, add enough water to compensate. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour with the lid on loosely. If meat is not tender, continue cooking for another 10 minutes or so..
- Pour in the rest of the water, and return to a simmer. Add the carrot and 1/4 cup cilantro, and cook for 10 minutes, then stir in the rest of vegetables. Simmer until vegetables are tender. At this time taste and adjust flavor if needed. Once tender Push the cabbage wedges into the soup, and cook for about 10 more minutes..
If you find this Caldo de Res (Soup of Beef) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.