Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Vitality Goodies.
Ingesting healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find wholesome foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Eating almonds is a wonderful alternative as long as you do not have a nut allergy. As an all-in-one energy booster, almonds offer many health advantages. Various minerals and vitamins are located in these wonderful nuts. Tryptophan, an enzyme also contained in turkey which induces drowsiness, is found in almonds. But once you eat almonds, you don’t feel like you should sleep a while. Instead they will merely help your muscles and digestive tract relax while also helping you feel less burned out. Almonds frequently give you a general increased feeling of well-being.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe. To make southwest beef 'n' bean soup you need 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Southwest beef 'n' bean soup:
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1 of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- Take 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- Use 1 cup of celery, diced.
- Use 1/2 cup of carrots, shredded or diced.
- Take 2 lb of ground beef.
- Get 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Get 1 can of dark red kidney beans, drained (15 oz can).
- You need 1 can of pinto beans, drained (29 oz can).
- Provide 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained (15 oz can).
- You need 5 of small potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Provide 1 packages of frozen vegetables – country trio – carrots, green beans, and corn.
- Prepare 3 quart of beef stock.
- Take of salt.
- Provide of ground black pepper.
- Take 2 of bay leaf.
- Provide 3 tbsp of chili powder – use more for spicier soup.
- Use 1/4 tsp of ground cumin – adjust to taste.
- You need of tortilla chips (optional).
- Prepare of shredded cheddar jack cheese (optional).
Instructions to make Southwest beef 'n' bean soup:
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat..
- When oil is hot (surface looks shimmery), add onion, celery, and carrots. Season with salt. Some liquid will cook out of the celery; this is normal. Cook vegetables, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until the onion begins to turn translucent and the liquid has cooked off..
- Add the garlic and continue cooking until the garlic begins to brown. Remove skillet from heat. Transfer vegetables to a large soup pot..
- Break up ground beef into skillet. Season with salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Return to heat..
- Scramble ground beef over medium high heat until browned..
- Transfer ground beef to a large plate or bowl lined with paper towels to remove excess grease. Pat top with a paper towel. Then transfer ground beef to soup pot with onion mixture..
- Add both cans of beans (drained), tomatoes (undrained), potatoes, and frozen vegetables to soup pot..
- Add beef stock to soup pot. (You can also substitute water and beef bullion for stock. Use 1 cube bullion per quart of water.) Add bay leaves and Worcestershire sauce..
- Bring soup to a boil over high heat, then turn heat down so that soup simmers but doesn't boil..
- While soup is simmering, add chili powder and cumin. Adjust seasoning (salt, chili powder, cumin, etc.) to taste. You might need more salt than you think because the potatoes absorb quite a bit while they cook..
- Let the soup simmer until the potatoes are tender and just starting to break down. (You can tell they are breaking down when the edges start to look rounded-off instead of sharp.) If you need to add water while the soup cooks, heat water to boiling in the microwave first and *carefully* add to the soup pot..
- Remove bay leaves before serving..
- If desired, crumble a handful of tortilla chips in the bottom of a soup bowl and ladel soup over them. Top with shredded cheese. Enjoy!.
If you find this Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.