Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Mexican Beef, Lime & Tortilla Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mexican Beef, Lime & Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mexican Beef, Lime & Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can obtain results without having to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes at once. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Eventually, you will find that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mexican beef, lime & tortilla soup recipe. You can cook mexican beef, lime & tortilla soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mexican Beef, Lime & Tortilla Soup:
- Get 1 of Olive oil for cooking.
- Use 1 large of onion, diced.
- Provide 2 clove of garlic, crushed-peeled-chopped.
- Get 1 medium of green capsicum, diced.
- Provide 500 grams of Ground beef.
- Take 2 tsp of Ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground coriander.
- Get 1 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried oregano.
- Prepare 3 medium of tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 6 of Soft corn tortillas.
- Get 1 of Litre chicken stock.
- Provide 1 of Juice of 2 lime.
- You need 1/4 cup of Fresh chopped coriander.
- Provide 1 of Sea salt flakes- good pinch.
- You need 1 of Cracked black pepper to taste.
- Take 1 of Sprinkle of turmeric.
Instructions to make Mexican Beef, Lime & Tortilla Soup:
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook onion and garlic until onion is soft and browning..
- Add Capsicum and mince, cook for another 5 minutes (stirring occasionaly) until beef is slightly browned..
- Add spices and cook for another minute, stirring all the while. Add dried oregano, tomato and stock- bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes..
- While the soup simmers, chop 4 of the tortillas into pieces about 2.5cm squared, then stir into the soup along with lime or lemon juice and a good pinch of sea salt. Simmer for a further 5mins- then stir in fresh chopped coriander..
- For a nice garnish I sliced up a couple of the tortillas into 5mm strips, sprayed with olive oil, sprinkled with some tumeric and baked on high heat for around 10 mins- turning once. I removed from the oven and layed them on paper towel to let crispy up..
- Spoon into bowls with crispy turmeric tortilla chips in the centre. Very nice!.
If you find this Mexican Beef, Lime & Tortilla Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.