Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Classic French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Classic French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out several modest changes.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One wholesome option that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Evidently, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to classic french onion soup recipe. To make classic french onion soup you need 10 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Classic French Onion Soup:
- You need 400 gram of white onions.
- Provide 1 of dollop of unsalted butter.
- Provide 300 ml of vegetable/chicken stock.
- Prepare as needed of Mixed Herbs.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need to taste of Salt and crushed black pepper to season.
- Use 300-350 gm of grated gruyere/parmesan cheese.
- Prepare Slices of French Baguette to top.
- Provide 2 tablespoon of plain flour.
- Use 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar/1.5 tablespoon white wine.
Instructions to make Classic French Onion Soup:
- Peel and slice the onions thin and lengthwise.
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Add and sauté the onions on low heat.
- Keep stirring in between as the onions brown to avoid burning them.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to a boil in another vessel and add the herbs and Bay leaf.
- Strain the stick after 3-4 minutes.
- Once visibly brown, add the flour and mix for a few seconds.
- Next goes in the cider vinegar/ wine.
- Add and sauté the onions for a few seconds.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow the soup to simmer while you season it with salt and pepper.
- Mix and take off heat.
- Spoon the soup equally into oven safe bowls.
- Top with baguette slices and spread a generous amount of cheese covering the surface well.
- Microwave till the cheese melts / even browns a bit.
- Let the bowl cool off slightly till you can handle it.
- Serve while the soup is warm. Enjoy!.
- Watch full recipe video at: https://youtu.be/yWb4ygzX77I.
If you find this Classic French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.