Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you presently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pastelón de platano maduro (puerto rican lasagna) recipe. To make pastelón de platano maduro (puerto rican lasagna) you need 6 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna):
- Provide 3 Cups of +/- Picadillo (I have a recipe for this).
- Take 4-5 of Very Ripe Plantains.
- Take 1/2 inch of Oil in large skillet.
- Get 2 Cups of Mozzarella or cheese of your choice.
- Use 3 of Eggs Beaten.
- Get 2 Tbsp of Milk.
Steps to make Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna):
- Preheat oil on med-high in skillet.
- Select Plantains such as these.
- Peel plantains and cut into thin slices lengthwise. Each Plantain should make 5-6 slices..
- Slicing the Plantains can be tricky. Here is a good method to use..
- Put Plantains in skillet a few at a time and cook on both sides until golden brown..
- When brown remove to plate with paper towels..
- When Plantains are fried, butter 13×13 casserole dish..
- Lay out Plantains on bottom leaving as little space as possible in-between..
- Put a layer as thick as you like of Picadillo on Plantains..
- Combine Milk with Beaten Eggs and add a thin layer on top of meat mixture..
- Put a layer of Cheese on top of Meat..
- Alternate layers as many as you wish. Commonly there are 3 layers of Plantains and 2 layers of Meat.
- Finish top layer with Plantains, Egg and Cheese.
- Bake in 350° oven for 30 minutes or until heated through. May want to broil momentarily to brown cheese..
- Allow to rest for a few minutes to make slicing easier..
If you find this Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.