Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are many health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making some simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you probably purchase lots of items out of habit. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One wholesome option that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef & barley noodle soup (made with rib roast leftovers) recipe. You can have beef & barley noodle soup (made with rib roast leftovers) using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers):
- Use 2-4 of leftover rib bones from a prime rib roast.
- Get of water.
- Take 1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Take 1 TB of mixed dried herbs (I use thyme and rosemary).
- Provide of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 TB of tomato paste or 2 TB fresh ketchup or tomato sauce.
- Get 2 cups of chopped fresh carrot.
- Take 1/4 cup of dry barley.
- Provide 1 cup of kernel corn, fresh, frozen, or canned.
- Get 1/2-1 cup of dry noodles.
- You need of beef bullion (optional).
Instructions to make Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers):
- Place rib bones in a large Dutch oven or stock pot and cover with water completely..
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat..
- Simmer for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the ribs and any meat that may have become detached. Set aside to cool..
- Refrigerate the beef stock for about an hour, or until the fat congeals on top (I usually make the broth the day before and refrigerate overnight).
- Remove the meat from the bones and chop coarsely. Discard the bones and refrigerate the meat until you're ready to add it to the soup..
- Remove the solidified fat from the chilled broth..
- Heat the broth over medium heat. Don't worry if the broth tastes weak at this point; it will reduce later..
- Sautee the garlic and herbs in a little oil over medium heat until the garlic is soft and the herbs are fragrant. Careful not to burn it!.
- Add the sauteed garlic and herbs, tomato option, chopped carrots and barley and simmer for 45 minutes, uncovered..
- Add the meat, corn, and noodles and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Taste the broth and season to taste with salt and pepper..
- If the soup becomes too thick by serving time, add more water (with a bit of bullion in it, if desired) as needed..
If you find this Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.