Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Autumn Chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Autumn Chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re always being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a few small changes.
These changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already consume lots of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Obviously, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to autumn chowder recipe. You can cook autumn chowder using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Autumn Chowder:
- Get 1/2-1 pound of bacon (your choice on how much).
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced (I use more because I love garlic).
- Take 3 cups of chicken broth (or chicken soup base).
- Provide 3 cups of potatoes (I use red potatoes).
- Get 2 cups of carrots, sliced.
- Get 1 cup of milk (I use 2%).
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Use 2 cups of frozen corn.
- Use 1/8 tsp of celery seed.
- Take 1/4 tsp of chili powder (optional).
- Take 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Take 2 cups of mexican shredded cheese.
- You need 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Use to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Use of Optional: parsley, sour cream, extra cheese and or extra bacon.
Steps to make Autumn Chowder:
- Cook bacon over medium heat. Until crisp. Don't over cook. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Wipe some of the grease out from the pan..
- Then add onions and garlic to the same pot and cook over medium heat until softened, 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in chicken broth, cooked bacon, potatoes and carrots. Put a lid on and simmer until veggies are tender about 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Stir in milk, heavy whipping cream, corn, chili powder, celery seed and pepper and heat until simmering. Meanwhile, toss shredded cheeses with flour in a bowl..
- Take the pot off the heat. Slowly add cheese to the soup, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted..
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. ➡️ note: if your soup is to thick, you can add more milk or stock to thin it out. Be sure to adjust the seasoning accordingly though..
- Serve warm. Top with parsley, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, extra cheese or extra bacon..
If you find this Autumn Chowder recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.