Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Potato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you don’t want to eat. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One wholesome option that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato soup recipe. To cook sweet potato soup you only need 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato soup:
- Provide 2 of Large Sweet Potato.
- Use 1 of Medium sized container chicken broth.
- Take 1 of large onion chopped large.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of oil or butter.
- Use 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- Take 2 cups of carrots chopped large (I used bagged baby carrots).
- Provide 1 can of cream style corn.
- Take 1 can of whole kernel corn (water drained).
- Take 1/4 tsp of garlic salt (or use powder or minced).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
Steps to make Sweet Potato soup:
- 1. Peel and coarsely chop sweet potatoes..
- Place oil or butter in large pot..
- Add chucked sweet potatoes, carrots and onions. Cook till onions are translucent..
- Add spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, garlic salt and pepper) and cook for a few minutes to let the spices obsorb and spread around..
- After about 5 minutes of cooking, dump enough broth to cover the contents in the pan and let the ingredients boil..
- Once the sweet potatoes are fork tender, take out about a third of the contents and save for making the soup a little chunky..
- Take the remaining product and blend together to the same consistency..
- Return the soup and chunky vegetables to the pot. Add the two cans of corn and cook till hot..
If you find this Sweet Potato soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.