Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Jamaican red peas soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Jamaican red peas soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jamaican red peas soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Vitality.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of well being. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. A bit of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, nonetheless, with regards to eating between goodies. You can spend hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack.
Eating almonds is an excellent alternative as long as you do not have a nut allergy. Almonds are sometimes considered a super food because they’re packed full of things which help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. Different minerals and vitamins are found in these wonderful nuts. They generally do, however, have tryptophan-the same enzyme that renders you tired after eating turkey. However, you will not need a nap after consuming almonds. These nuts relax the muscles and supply a general sense of relaxation. Almonds often provide a general increased feeling of well-being.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jamaican red peas soup recipe. To make jamaican red peas soup you only need 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Jamaican red peas soup:
- Take 3/4 lb of pig tail (cut in pieces).
- You need 1/2 lb of stew beef (cut in pieces).
- Prepare 3/4 lb of Red peas.
- You need 1 1/2 pack of grace cock soup.
- Get 1/2 lb of flour.
- Provide 4 tbs of cornmeal.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of yam.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of sweet potato.
- You need of pimento seeds.
- Take 2 stalks of escallion.
- You need 1 sprig of thyme.
- You need 1 of green scotch bonnet pepper.
- Get 1/2 lb of pumpkin.
- Take 1 of small dasheen (to thicken soup).
- Get 1 pk of Kendel coconut powder.
- Provide 2 of pegs garlic.
- Provide 10 of pimento seeds.
Steps to make Jamaican red peas soup:
- Rinse pig's tail and beef with vinegar and water..
- Boil pig tail for about 5 mins., to get rid of excess salt..
- Rinse peas and place in pressure cooker, dice pumpkin and dasheen and add to peas along with garlic and pimento seeds. Add enough water to cover the peas. Then bring to a boil..
- Pour about 6 cups tap water in the pressure cooker, then add meat. cover and pressure for 30 minutes. (start counting after the pressure cooker starts making that sound :)).
- Remove from heat and allow the cooker to cool, then open. remove meat if they are already tender..
- Pour out the contents of the pressure cooker in another pot, or use an ordinary cover on the pressure cooker. Use the flour and cornmeal to make dumplings, peel and slice yam and sweet potato or any other ground provision you like, add to the pot..
- Mix the coconut cream in 1 cup warm water and add to pot.
- Add, cock soup, escallion, thyme and scotch bonnet pepper. Cover and allow food to cook. This will take about 15 minutes. Add cooked meat when about 5 mins remain..
- Stir regularly to prevent sticking..
- Remove from heat, and enjoy!.
If you find this Jamaican red peas soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.