Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy fish pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy fish pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snack foods.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our daily allowance of healthy foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a portion of pizza. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for treats between meals. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
Try eating almonds if you do not are afflicted by nut allergies. Almonds offer a multitude of health benefits and are an excellent choice when you require a shot of energy. These kinds of nuts have lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. They actually do, however, contain tryptophan-the same enzyme that makes you tired after eating turkey. However, you may not need a nap after eating almonds. These nuts relax the muscles and provide a general sense of comfort. Almonds often give you a general increased a feeling of well-being.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily available. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s easy to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy fish pie recipe. To cook easy fish pie you only need 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy fish pie:
- Prepare 340 g of fish pie mix (we used Tesco which has cod, salmon and smoked haddock chunks).
- Provide 1 of large carrot.
- Get 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Take 1 of large leek.
- Get 5-6 of large white potatoes (could do more if you like more mash on top or half and half white and sweet potatoes).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 125 g of cheese (grated) – stronger cheddar is nice but I kept it milder for the kiddies.
- You need 4 tbsp of plain flour (we used cornflour as trying to keep gluten free – you'll probaby need a little less of this).
- Provide 50 g of butter.
- You need 500 ml of milk – semi or whole milk is best or try coconut or oat milk.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard (optional).
- You need of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Easy fish pie:
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small chunks. Place in a pan of boiling, slightly salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for approx. 10 minute until they are cooked through. Drain thoroughly and add the butter and a dash of milk. Mash well and put aside..
- Peel the carrot and grate into an medium overproof dish. Grate or thinkly slice the leeks and add to the dish..
- Add the frozen peas and the fish and mix well..
- Make the cheese sauce by melting 50g butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the cornflour and stir thoroughly until it starts to form a paste (roux). Add a little of the milk and stir to incorporate the roux and the liquid. You will need to keep doing this until all the milk is added, making sure there are no lumps in the sauce. A whisk may help you do this..
- Bring the sauce almost to a boil- it should thicken as it does so. Stir it at all times otherwise it will catch the bottom of the pan..
- Take the pan off the heat once it is thickened and add the grated cheese. Stir until it is fully melted and mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste (a tsp of mustard is also nice to add here if you like.).
- Mix the cheese sauce with the veg and fish in the dish.
- Top with the mashed potato and fluff up with a fork.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180˚c for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with some lovely fresh green veg – broccoli and runner beans are the faves in our house!!.
If you find this Easy fish pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.