Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Summertime Veggie Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Summertime Veggie Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you probably purchase many items out of habit. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to summertime veggie soup recipe. You can have summertime veggie soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Summertime Veggie Soup:
- Get 2 of poblano peppers.
- Provide 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 2 of onions.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of tomatillos.
- Provide 3 1/3 cups of fresh corn (3 ears of corn).
- Provide 2 cans (15 oz) of black beans.
- Get 1/2 cup of tomato juice.
- Use 2 of large chopped tomatoes.
- Take 2 cans of veggie broth.
- You need 1 of juice of lime.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Use 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Take 1 cup of rice (optional).
- Provide 1 lb of chicken or pork (optional).
Instructions to make Summertime Veggie Soup:
- Blacken poblano peppers on stove burner, wrap peppers in plastic bag and let the peppers sweat so you can take off the skin of the pepper. Take out the weeds and chop pepper..
- In a big pot cook olive oil, onions and tomatillos until soft.
- Add corn and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add black beans, tomato juice, chopped tomatoes, veggie broth, and juice of lime.
- Add salt, cayenne pepper and poblano peppers. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, chicken or pork (optional).
If you find this Summertime Veggie Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.