Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Snack foods.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of well being. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
If you might be looking for a fast snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that additional boost you need to get going. Eating on the run can easily be healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to authentic malaysian style vegetable curry recipe. To make authentic malaysian style vegetable curry you need 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry:
- Take 4 tbsp of Vegetable oil (safflower or canola).
- Get 1/2 of "a" Red onion.
- Prepare 20 of "a" Shallots.
- Get 10 clove of "a" Garlic.
- You need 2 of stalks "b" Lemongrass (cut into fourths).
- Provide 6 of "b" Cloves.
- Provide 1 piece of "b" Star anise.
- You need 1 of "b" Cinnamon stick.
- Use 10 of Okra.
- Use 1 of Bitter gourd.
- Get 1 of Eggplant (slim Japanese type).
- Prepare 1 of one packet Atsuage.
- Get 5 of Satsuma-age.
- Get 1/2 of Onion (sliced).
- Provide 10 tbsp of Curry powder (preferably imported from Malaysia or Singapore).
- Provide 5 of Pandan leaves (optional).
Steps to make Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry:
- Combine all of the "a" ingredients in a food processor and pulse to a paste-like consistency..
- Grease a pot with oil, and heat the paste from Step 1. Once cooked through, add the "b" ingredients and stir-fry until the moisture evaporates, and the paste is reduced by 1/2 the original amount..
- To prepare the bitter gourd, slice it in half lengthwise, carefully scoop out the pith with a spoon, then slice it into 8-mm thick rounds..
- Slice the onion into thick slices..
- Cut the okra in half, and roughly chop the eggplant into chunks (then soak in water). Cut the atsuage and satsuma-age into similarly sized chunks. Sizes can be random..
- Add the ingredients prepared in Steps 3-5 to the pot, and stir-fry. The photo shows how it should look in Step 7..
- Once the ingredients are cooked through, add the curry powder. Cook while stir-frying. The photo shows the curry powder I use..
- Add enough water to cover the ingredients, then simmer for 20-30 minutes..
- For those who are not on a diet, add coconut milk to taste (but do not let it boil after adding)..
- For those on a diet, if you prefer a richer taste, add a small amount of evaporated milk or milk..
- The top photo shows it with zucchini. I also topped it with fried onion chips. Also, in order to show the vegetables, the photo was taken before adding the soup..
- If available, add pandan leaves in Step 8..
- If preparing vegetarian style, omit the satsuma-age..
If you find this Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.