Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Snacks.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. If we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A little bit of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. This can be a problem, however, with regards to eating between snacks. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are a few healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Yogurt is often a snack many people take for granted. The fact is, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. You can’t beat yogurt any time it comes to a nutritious snack though. It is made up of a lot of calcium, protein, and B vitamins. Yogurt is often eaten to help maintain the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by most people. Try adding some healthy nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. This minimizes your sugar consumption without minimizing the taste of your snack.
You do not have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s easy to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's leek and crab (or croutons) soup recipe. To make sig's leek and crab (or croutons) soup you only need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup:
- Take 250 of to 300 grams fresh leeks.
- Provide 2 of to 3 brown onions.
- Use 4 clove of smoked garlic.
- Use 50 grams of unsalted butter.
- Get 40 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 3/4 liter of vegetable stock (use more if the leeks were large and the soup is to thick).
- Take 150 ml of heavy cream ( double cream).
- Get 1 pinch of each salt or salt substitute, dried coriander or flat parsley leaf and fresh ground black pepper.
- Provide 2 of to 3 drops or to taste, worcestershire sauce (optional, but recommended ).
- You need 1 tsp of or to taste sherry or brandy (optional, but recommended ).
- You need 150 grams of precooked crab ( or use croutons of your choice instead).
Instructions to make Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup:
- Wash the leeks well and chop into small rings , reserve some of the rings.
- Peel the onions and the garlic and chop roughly.
- Add the leeks,onions, garlic, butter and saute, do not fry or brown them , dust with the flour until all is used and has slightly thickened the mixture .Add the vegetable stock slowly stirring all the time . Gently cook for about 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly .Puree all with a blender or food processor . Add half the cream , all brandy or sherry if using and season with pepper , salt parsley or coriander and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the precooked crab meat just before serving with the rest of the cream and Leek cutting.
If you find this Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.