Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy diet.
Obviously, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe. To make butternut squash and curry soup with chicken you only need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken:
- Provide 1 of butternut squash.
- Use 1 of yellow onion.
- Use 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 48 oz of vegetable stock.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk (plus more for garnish).
- Get 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- Provide 2 tbs of yellow curry paste (more or less depending on taste).
- Take 2 of chicken breast’s (optional).
- Provide 1 tbs of cumin (for chicken).
- Provide 1 tbs of turmeric (for chicken).
- Provide 1 tbs of onion powered (for chicken).
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of ground ginger (for chicken).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon (for chicken).
- You need of Olive oil (see directions).
Steps to make Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken:
- Pre heat oven to 400° then roast the butternut squash. I usually cut it in half, poke holes in it then microwave each half for 4 minutes. I then remove the skin, dice it into chunks, and cover them in olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Then put it in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- Dice the onion and put it in an oiled pan with the clove of garlic. Sauté on medium heat until onion is caramelized..
- When the squash and onions are done, throw them into a stock pot and set them aside so you can prep your chicken..
- Cover the chicken breasts in olive oil and add salt and pepper. Then cover them in the dry spices and roast them in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes or until there is no pink in the middle. When the chicken is done, shred it and set it to the side..
- While the chicken is cooking, add the vegetable stock to the pot with your squash and onion and heat on medium low. You can also add your brown sugar and your curry paste. After the curry has been incorporated, you can use a hand blender to blend the chunks of squash and onions until the soup is smoothe..
- Add your can of coconut milk (be sure to shake it before opening the can).
- Ladle some of the warm soup into your bowl and add the chicken and some extra coconut milk if choose!.
If you find this Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.