Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, just making some modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can get results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to the masoor dal curry (lentil soup) recipe. To cook the masoor dal curry (lentil soup) you need 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup):
- You need 1 of To pressure cook.
- Get 3/4 cup of masoor dal.
- Get 1/2 tsp of asafoetida powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of fennel seed powdered.
- Take 1/4 tsp of cumin seed powdered.
- Provide 2 cups of water.
- Take to taste of salt.
- Use 2 of To Garnish.
- You need 1 number of green chilli pepper slitted.
- Get 2 numbers of tomato chopped.
- Use 1 tsp of chopped ginger.
- Take 2 tsps of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1 number of onions diced.
- Get 2 tsps of coriander leaves chopped.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper ground.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cumin powder.
- Get 2 tbsps of sunflower oil.
- Take 2 numbers of clove.
- Use 2 numbers of cardamom.
- You need 1 number of cinnamon stick.
- Take to taste of salt.
Instructions to make The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup):
- Wash the dal. Add the ingredients 1 to pressure cooker. Keep it in medium flame..
- After the first whistle, keep for another 8 minutes in low flame. Switch it off and wait until the full pressure is released..
- Meanwhile, you can prepare the garnish..
- First, put the pan on the stove. Pour oil. When hot, add clove, cardamom, cinnamon, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli..
- Saute it until onion turn transparent and soft. Add the Masala mix and stir till the aroma of the masala comes out..
- To it add the tomatoes, stir until it is soft and the juices evapourate..
- Add a pinch of salt. Note that you have already added salt in pressure cooked ingredients. So add salt accordingly..
- To the pressure cooked dal, add the garnish and bring it to boil. Add coriander leaves..
- Now it is ready to be served. It goes well with Chapathi/roti/basmati rice..
If you find this The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.