Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are a lot of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you don’t want to eat. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to dump & simmer thai style coconut chicken & veg curry recipe. To cook dump & simmer thai style coconut chicken & veg curry you only need 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry:
- Use 2.5 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces (or you can use 2 pounds boneless chicken thigh and/or breast pieces cut into big chunks).
- Get 1/2 of a yellow onion cut into 1/2" slices.
- Take 4 slices of (about 1/8" thick) of fresh ginger root OR 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger powder.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic, smashed OR 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Use 1 of tomato, quartered.
- Get 5 of Kaffir lime leaves OR the zest of half a lime or lemon.
- Use 15 of basil leaves (Thai is preferable, but if you have some other kind, that's ok, too).
- You need of juice of half a lime.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz.) of (or so) can of coconut milk.
- Provide of Thai chilies to taste (you can sub crushed red chili flakes – start with 1/2 tsp. for moderate heat and adjust as you like).
- Provide 2 teaspoons of curry powder.
- Provide 2 Tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Get 1-2 teaspoons of sugar.
- You need 2-3 cups of chopped veg to add later.
Steps to make Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry:
- Dump all ingredients except for veg into a large pot or Dutch oven, and give it a few gentle stirs to incorporate..
- With the pot covered, bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes. This should take 10 to 12 minutes or so..
- Turn the heat down to low, and simmer the curry for 30 minutes, still covered..
- Stir in your veg, turn the heat back up to medium, and continue to cook for another 20 minutes or so, 10 minutes with the lid askew, and another 10 minutes completely uncovered. After the first 10 minutes is a good time to adjust the seasoning for salt and heat..
- That's it! Enjoy. :).
If you find this Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.