Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a lot of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, simply making a few modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. Although you may already eat a lot of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have most of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can have chicken tortilla soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Use 1 Tablespoon of Canola Oil.
- Get 1 of Onion, diced.
- Use 2 of Garlic Cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Cumin.
- Provide 2 Teaspoons of Oregano.
- Use 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Get 45 Oz. of Cannellini Beans.
- Take 20 Oz. of Diced Tomatoes w/ Habaneros.
- Prepare 15 Oz. of Cream of Corn.
- Use 15 Oz. of Whole Kernel Corn.
- You need 15 Oz. of Black Beans.
- Use 8 of Chicken Thighs, shredded (or 2 breasts).
- Provide 1/2 Teaspoon of Lime Juice.
- Get 1 Bag of Blue Corn Tortilla chips.
- Get 2 of Habanero peppers, diced.
Steps to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Heat canola oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Add chicken(cut into strips or cubes). Add cumin, oregano, and salt. Cover, let cook till chicken is browned on both sides, stirring occasionally..
- Meanwhile, take 30 Oz. of your cannellini beans and puree until smooth. Don't drain out the liquid!.
- In a crockpot, add the pureed beans, remaining cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, habaneros, cream of corn, whole kernel corn, and black beans…
- Take chicken and shred it finely. Then add to pot. Turn on low, cook for 6-8 hours..
- Add lime juice, season to taste. Crush some tortilla chips as a topping.
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.