Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Treats.
We are very mindful that eating healthy meals can help us truly feel better within our bodies. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. This can be a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between snacks. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack food.
Consider eating almonds unless you have problems with nut allergies. As an all-in-one energy booster, almonds provide many health benefits. These nuts contain lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Tryptophan, an enzyme also present in turkey that causes drowsiness, is found in almonds. But when you eat almonds, you don’t feel like you need to sleep a while. Rather, these nuts help to reduce stress and provide a soothing feeling throughout your body. Almonds often give you a general increased sense of well-being.
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily available. Being healthier doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to curry chicken – caribbean style recipe. You can have curry chicken – caribbean style using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style:
- Prepare 4 lbs of chicken (thighs and legs skin off).
- Get 4 of medium size potatoes roughly chopped.
- Use 3-4 tbsp of veggie oil.
- Use 1/2 c of water.
- Use 2 tsp of salt.
- Get 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Use 2 of garlic cloves diced.
- Get 1 of medium onion (diced).
- Take 1 of large tomato.
- Use 3 of scallions chopped.
- Provide 3 sticks of fresh thyme.
- Use 4 tbsp of ketchup.
- Use 3 tbsp of Amchar Massala (I use Chief brand).
- Provide 4 tbsp of curry powder (I use Blue Mountain Jamaican Hot).
- You need 1 of scotch bonnet (a.ka. Jamaican Pepper).
Steps to make Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style:
- In a large mixing bowl combine your chicken, 1/2 your chopped onion, fresh thyme, chopped scallions, salt, pepper, tomato, ketchup, amchar massala and your chopped up scotch bonnet..
- Mix ingredients in the bowl by hand thoroughly and then cover. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and let marinate..
- Place your large Dutch pot on the stove and turn heat on high and let pot hot..
- Lower the heat to medium and add your veggie oil and the rest of the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes (be careful not to let your garlic burn).
- Add your curry powder and stir for an additional 3 minutes to cook the raw curry taste..
- Add 1/4 cup of water and continue to stir. You should notice that the liquid in the pot is cooked off and the curry is forming somewhat like a paste..
- Begin adding your marinated chicken. Turn the heat up to medium high..
- Stir the chicken to coat the pieces with the curry..
- Place the lid on the pot for about 15-20 minutes. About 8 minutes in, check and stir the chicken. Recover with lid and let cook for the remainder 15-20 minutes..
- After the 15-20 minutes add your potatoes and the rest of the water. Turn your heat up to high and bring to a boil. Place the lid half way on to cook off some of the liquid..
- Chicken curry is done when meat begins to fall off the bone and a nice gravey forms. Note – you can add more water if needed for gravey..
- Serve with a side of rice and a wedge cornbread. Enjoy…….
If you find this Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.