Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of small changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to squash soup base – vegetarian or not recipe. You can cook squash soup base – vegetarian or not using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not:
- Take 1 of quarter squash, peeled & sliced.
- Use 1 of medium red onion, coarsely chopped.
- Get 3 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- Take 1 cup of water.
- Use 1/4 pc of a stock cube (vegetable if vegetarian, chicken if not).
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of ~ VARIATION SUGGESTIONS ~ (optional).
- Take 1 spoonful of crushed crispy bacon (optional).
- Provide 1 spoonful of sliced ham (optional).
- Take 1 spoonful of shredded leftover chicken (optional).
- Prepare 1 of diced cooked baby potato (optional).
- Prepare 1-2 of dollops cream (optional).
- Provide 1-2 Tbsp of coconut cream (optional).
Steps to make Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not:
- In a sauce pan, place your squash, sliced into small pieces so it's easy to mash. Add onions, garlic and enough water to cover all the squash (don't place too much). Boil covered for 15 mins.
- Once soft, lower heat and mash everything while in the pot. Season with salt and 1/4 of a stock cube (crushed to powder so it's easy to mix)..
- When the squash is mashed, it gets thicker and absorbs the liquid. Taste and adjust preferred consistency accordingly by adding water a teaspoon at a time. Serve while hot..
- I enjoy this soup base on its own without any additions but sometimes I do variations too. Some non-veg ideas: // Add light cream or coconut cream // Add meat (shredded chicken, bacon or ham) // Add diced potatoes for a more filling soup // Add veggies like diced celery, corn kernels or peas.
If you find this Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.