Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, just making a few minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tunisian couscous-my way (vegan) recipe. To cook tunisian couscous-my way (vegan) you need 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan):
- Provide 1 of + 2 yellow onions.
- You need 1 of veggie soup square.
- Take 100 g of couscous.
- Get 100 g of fresh spinach or other leafy greens.
- You need 70 g of golden raisins.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tunisian spice mix.
- You need 4 of yellow peppers.
- Use 2 of fresh tomatoes.
- You need 6 tbsp of tomatoe puree.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of Oregano to tast.
- Provide 1 of eggplant.
- You need 4 of carrots.
- You need 3 of potatoes.
- Get 6 tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
Instructions to make Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan):
- Peel the onions and cut one of them in little squares. Start frying this onion on the sunflower oil and when it starts to get transparent add the spinach ot other leafy greens and add the tomatoe puree. Cook until the spinach becomes soft. Then add 4 cups of water..
- Add the tunisian spice mix, add the peeled veggies: cut the potatoes into big squares, cut the carrots into 4 pieces, cut the eggplant in big squares, cut the tomatoe in big squares too..
- Also add those onions that we left in one piece at the beginning. Also add the soup square and the yellow peppers cut into slices.Add the oregano and salt to taste..
- Next take the "upper part" of the couscous cooking pot and add the couscous, pour a mugful of hot water on it and add the olive oil. Stir to combine..
- Also stir the veggies in the down part of pot also. Put the top part on top of down part and steam the couscous till soft..
- Stir both parts of pot from time to time and add more hot water to couscous if it seems dry..
- Serve the veggie sauce on top of couscous and also add raisins on top. Let me know if you tried this recipe..
If you find this Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.