Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few modest changes.
These types of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. While you may already consume lots of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato soup (yummy – w/low fat options) recipe. You can have potato soup (yummy – w/low fat options) using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options):
- Use of Chunky Soups.
- Use 12 of small red potatoes, cubed small.
- Get 1 of onion, diced.
- Use 3 of celery stalks, diced.
- Take 4 cup of water.
- Provide 2 can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt – or more to taste.
- Provide 1 pinch of of celery salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Use 1 pinch of of rosemary.
- Prepare 1 of ground red and black pepper – to taste.
- Use 1 cup of milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Get 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 8 slice of bacon, diced.
- Use 1 of cheese, shredded.
- Use 1 of corn tortilla chips, crumbled.
Instructions to make Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options):
- In a large stock pot, cook bacon until crisp. (Bacon is used as a garnish).
- Remove bacon and remove and discard half of the fat from the pot. Add onions and celery to pot (with remaining bacon fat) and saute for 2 mins. – FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, AFTER BACON IS COOKED, DISCARD ALL FAT AND SAUTE USING OLIVE OIL..
- Add potatoes to the pot (I like to keep the skin on). Cook for 5 mins..
- Add seasoning.
- Add water.
- Add Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (or your favorite condensed creamy soup). Stir and cook until potatoes begin to soften, about 8 – 10 mins. – FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, USE 98%FAT FREE CAMPBELL'S CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP..
- In a separate bowl, mix milk and flour until smooth. Add milk mixture (slowly while stirring) into pot. Cook for 5 mins. – FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, USE NON-FAT MILK..
- Remove half of the ingredients from the pot, and blend in a blender untill smooth. Return the blended ingredients to the pot and mix with the chunky ingredients (this keeps texture in your soup)..
- Add parsley. Simmer, stir, and taste. YUM!.
- When serving, garnish with cheese, bacon, and/or tortilla chips (optional but adds more texture, crunch, and flavor). – FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, OMIT BACON OR SUBTITUTE WITH TURKEY BACON, OMIT CHEESE, AND USE FAT FREE TORTILLA CHIPS..
If you find this Potato Soup (Yummy – w/Low Fat Options) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.