Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of modest changes.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. Although you may already consume a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) recipe. You can have vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- Take of Soup Broth.
- Take 1 large of sweet onion peeled and quartered.
- Prepare 1 small of piece ginger (about 2 inch) peeled and halved length wise.
- Take 1 head of full nutmeg (you can also use a small cinnamon stick).
- Get 2 clove of garlic.
- Use 1 pinch of coriander, cilantro, or basil.
- Use 4 medium of carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 4 cup of vegetable stock.
- Use 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Get of Noodles.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of flat rice noodle (I used thicker noodles but use according to preference).
- Provide of Toppings.
- Provide 2/3 packages of extra firm fried until crispy tofu (you can substitute any protein you desire here such as chicken, beef, beans, etc).
- Get 4 medium of mushrooms (by preference, I like shitake for asian dishes).
- Prepare 1 bunch of vegetables of your choice (I used bok choy and borccoli).
- Use of Garnishes.
- Prepare 1 bunch of bean sprouts.
- Get 1 bunch of cilantro (a handful is usually good).
- Use 1 of chile pepper, or any hot pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of lime cut into slices.
- Take 2 of stock green onion, sliced into small pieces.
- Take 1 of your favorite sauces such as Hoisin, Sriracha, etc.
Instructions to make Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- For the broth:.
- Char the onion and ginger under the broiler until slightly black (about 5 minutes per side).
- Dry roast star anise, nut meg and cilantro in a large pot over medium heat until you can smell the flavors. Stir to prevent burning..
- Once flavors are aromatic, add the vegetable stock, soy sauce, charred onion and ginger. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 30 minutes. Reduce heat and keep hot until ready to serve..
- For the noodles:.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Once water is boiled, turn off heat, add noodles, cover and let cook for 5-7 minutes (or follow package directions). Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking..
- For Toppings:.
- Prepare however you desire. I fried the tofu in oil until crispy and cooked the veggies until slightly wilted and warmed throughout. Season as desired, but note the flavor of the broth is the main seasoning for the whole dish.
- For the garnishes:.
- Prepare garnishes and arrange on a plate. Add the desired amount of garnishes to your own dish once meal is prepared and served..
If you find this Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.