Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Opting to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a couple of minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Obviously, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style spicy chicken curry recipe. To cook kerala style spicy chicken curry you need 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- Provide 500 g of Chicken.
- Get 1 cup of grated coconut.
- You need For of Spices:.
- Take 1 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fennel.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Get 2-3 of Cloves.
- Get 2 of Cardamoms.
- Use 2 of Red chillies.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Take 50 gms of Chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Use 200 gms of shallots.
- Take 2 of tomato (pureed).
- Use 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Get As per taste of Salt.
- Take Handful of Curry leaves.
- You need Handful of coriander leaves.
- Take 1 tsp of kasuri methi.
- Use As required of Water to adjust the gravy consistency.
Steps to make Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- Roast whole spices like red chillies, pepper, fennel, cumin and coriander. Roast grated coconut. Grind all the roasted ingredients without adding much water. Keep it aside..
- Heat coconut oil. Add chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies. Add sliced shallots. Saute well..
- Add tomato puree. Once everything is cooked, add marinated chicken pieces (keep the chicken marinated with turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and one tablespoon vinegar)..
- Cook the chicken. Don't add any water..
- Once it is half done, add the prepared masala paste..
- Add water as per desired consistency. Bring to boil. Add curry leaves and coriander leaves..
- Close it with a lid and cook for 10 minutes..
- Add crushed kasuri methi (it is optional). I used it as everyone at home likes the flavour..
If you find this Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.