Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are many illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re always being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you presently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to moroccan chickpea soup recipe. You can have moroccan chickpea soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Moroccan Chickpea Soup:
- Take 2 of fennel bulbs, diced.
- Use 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 Tbsp of fresh Turmeric root, minced.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of fresh Ginger root, minced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Cilantro stalks, minced.
- Get 2 tsp of whole coriander.
- Use 2 tsp of whole cumin seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of anise seed (optional).
- You need 4-5 cups of vegetable stock.
- Use 1 can of roasted diced tomatoes.
- Get 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- Use 2 cups of packed fresh spinach, chopped.
- Use 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro leaves chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of onion powder.
- Take 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt (give or take to taste).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Harissa blend spice, or crushed chilies (adjust according to heat preference).
- Prepare of Plain Yoghurt for garnish (plain coconut yoghurt for vegan option).
Instructions to make Moroccan Chickpea Soup:
- Toast whole coriander, cumin and anise seeds in dry frying pan until fragrant. Set aside to cool..
- Sauté chopped onions and fennel in large Dutch oven over medium low heat with olive oil until translucent, about 5-10 mins. Add garlic, ginger, turmeric and cilantro stems. Stir until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes..
- Grind whole toasted spices in mortar and pestle until mostly smooth. Add to pot and stir..
- Add can of tomatoes and vegetable stock, onion powder and paprika. Bring to boil and simmer covered for 20 mins. Meanwhile, drain and rinse chickpeas. Roll off skins if you desire..
- Add chickpeas to pot, and simmer covered for 10 mins..
- Add spinach and cilantro to pot and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add salt to taste..
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with a heaping tablespoon of yoghurt. Garnish with more chopped cilantro. Serve with flatbread or pita..
If you find this Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.