Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fiona's lentil soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fiona's lentil soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. There are many diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, just making a few minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fiona's lentil soup recipe. You can have fiona's lentil soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Fiona's lentil soup:
- Prepare 1 of large brown onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- Get 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Take 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- Use 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Provide 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 250 grams of split red lentils.
- Use 1 of large grated carrot.
- Provide 400 grams of tinned chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 400 ml of low fat coconut milk.
- Take 500 ml of chicken stock (more if needed).
- Get 1 tsp of Sugar (to taste).
Steps to make Fiona's lentil soup:
- Fry onion in olive oil with spices.
- When onion is soft add grated carrot fry until soft.
- Add lentils tomatoes chicken stock and coconut milk simmer for 30-45mins.
- Check your consistency.
- Blend/blitz until liking eg lumpy or smooth.
- Eat with crusty bread xxxx.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to taste if needed.
If you find this Fiona's lentil soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.