Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ogbolour soup and pounded yam recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ogbolour soup and pounded yam recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery as you probably pick out lots of food items out of habit. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ogbolour soup and pounded yam recipe. To make ogbolour soup and pounded yam you only need 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ogbolour soup and pounded yam:
- Get 1 cup of pounded or grinded ogbolour.
- Prepare of pounded crayfish.
- Provide 1 pinch of salt.
- Use of Stock fish.
- Get of Dried fish.
- Prepare of Pomo and meat.
- Prepare of Palm oil.
- You need of Pounded dry pepper.
- Prepare of Seasoning (Maggi).
- Prepare of Ugba or okpie (optional).
- Take of Ewedu leaf or Ogu leaf.
- Get of Pounded yam.
- Take of Yam.
- Use of Mortar and pestle or yam pounder.
Steps to make Ogbolour soup and pounded yam:
- Put your put on fire add water normal quantity, meat stock from your boil meat and pour in your palm oil and ogbolour and allow it to boil for about 10 minutes.
- Then test your soup if the ogbolour is not testing raw. And you can know if it is not raw from the looks of the soup.
- Then add your pounded crayfish, sliced ewedu leaf, stock fish, dried fish, Maggi,salt, ugba, sliced cooked meat and promo. Then stir and allow ingredients to bowl for about 10 minutes and test to see if the seasoning (Maggi) is okay. and please be careful about your seasoning (Maggi) so that it will not be over. So I advice put all ingredients and test before adding Maggi..
- Pounded yam: Put your pot on fire add normal quantity of water, add your peeled washed sliced yam in the pot and allow to boil for about 20 minutes.then get your mortar and pestle or yam pounder machine (optional) and turn in your sieved cooked yam and pound till is smooth,then use a big spoon to park the pounded yam on a broken plate.
If you find this Ogbolour soup and pounded yam recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.