Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making a few small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pounded yam with egusi soup recipe. To make pounded yam with egusi soup you only need 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup:
- Use of Pounded Yam.
- Get 1 of big Yam.
- Use Pinch of Suger.
- Provide of Salt.
- Use of Water.
- Prepare of Egusi Soup.
- Use of Egusi.
- Take of Chicken.
- Provide of Spinach.
- You need of Palm oil.
- Get 1 of big Onion.
- Provide 2 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato.
- Prepare of Whole roasted shrimps.
- Get of Crawfish powder.
- Provide of Salt and seasonings.
Instructions to make Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup:
- Peel the yam into a medium sizes, wash and pour it into a clean pot and add water.
- Add a little bit suger to bring out d taste and bitterness from the Yam.
- Drain d yam from the pot after cook and pour it into a mota or pounding machine and pound till soft.
- Remove from the mota and make a shape of ur choice, mine is round😘.
- Cut the chicken into pieces, put it into a clean put and add onion, curry, seasoning and salt to taste. Cover and leave to boil for some minutes.
- In another clean pot add palm oil and a dice onion, fry till the onion is golden brown. U can add small garlic if u like but is optional.
- Blend the red bell pepper and tomato, then pour it inside the palm oil and fry it also.
- Diced the onion and mixed it with the Egusi, then add water bit by bit to the egusi until you form a thick paste.
- Scoop the Egusi and let it cook for like 15mins on a low heat.
- After boiling the chicken, then fry it a bit and add d chicken together with it stock into the egusi.
- Add some whole roasted shrimps and crawfish powder, add curry, seasoning and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Add spinach after cooking for like 10min.
- Stir it well and leave it for 5min.
- Serve with a drink of choice. My pounded Yam and Egusi Soup is ready to serve, so Yummmmyyyy.
If you find this Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.