Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Cabbage Kootu and long beans curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Cabbage Kootu and long beans curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cabbage Kootu and long beans curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cabbage kootu and long beans curry recipe. You can have cabbage kootu and long beans curry using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cabbage Kootu and long beans curry:
- Prepare 2 cups of Cabbage.
- Take 1.5 cups of Moong dal.
- Get 1 tsp of Urad dal.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Pepper corns.
- You need 3 of Red chillies.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Coconut.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Coconut oil.
- You need as needed of Curry leaves a few.
Steps to make Cabbage Kootu and long beans curry:
- Cook mung dal and cabbage for 3 whistles and keep it aside.
- In a pan add oil add urad dal,cumin seeds,pepper corns and red chillies until golden brown. Add coconut and grind it into a coarse powder.
- In a pan add oil,when it is hot add mustard seeds. When it splutter add curry leaves and cooked cabbage moong dal mixture. Add turmeric powder,red chilli powder and salt. Cook on a medium flame add the grounded powder and Hing. Let it boil fr few minutes. Coconut oil will give flavour to the kootu.
If you find this Cabbage Kootu and long beans curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.