Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are a number of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything straightaway or that you need to entirely eliminate certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make major changes, but the most vital thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. Soon enough, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you will not want to eat the old diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lotus root dumplings (clear soup version) recipe. To cook lotus root dumplings (clear soup version) you only need 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version):
- Prepare 1 of section Lotus root.
- Get 2 of Fresh shiitake mushrooms.
- Take 2 tbsp of ●Katakuriko.
- Provide 2 tsp of ●Sake.
- Get 1 tsp of ●Soy sauce.
- Get 1 pinch of ●Salt.
- Get 1 dash of ●Pepper.
- Use 1 dash of ●Ginger (grated, including the juice).
- Prepare 500 ml of Dashi stock (kombu or shiitake mushroom based dashi, or dashi stock granules).
- Take 1 tsp of ■Beet sugar (or white sugar).
- Take 1 pinch of ■Salt.
- Provide 1 tsp of ■Mirin.
- Provide 1 tbsp of ■Soy sauce.
- You need 1 of Green onions (finely sliced).
Instructions to make Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version):
- Chop the shiitake mushrooms finely. If you are not a vegetarian, you can use 50 g of peeled and chopped shrimp instead..
- Peel the lotus root, cut into half lengthwise and soak in water with a little vinegar (about 1 teaspoon of vinegar with enough water to cover the lotus root) to get rid of the astringency..
- Grate the soaked lotus root and squeeze it out lightly to eliminate some of the moisture. Add the shiitake mushrooms or shrimp from Step 1 to the grated lotus root in a bowl..
- Add the seasoning ingredients to Step 3, and knead gently with your hands to bring everything together. Taste and adjust the seasonings (you can add a little sugar at this point.) If you are not a vegetarian, add 1/2 of an egg white to make the dumplings light and fluffy..
- When the flavor is to your taste, form the mixture into about ping-pong sized dumplings. I could make 8 to 9 dumplings with these ingredients..
- Wrap up each dumpling in a piece of plastic wrap. Twist the ends tightly..
- Microwave the wrapped dumplings from Step 6 for 2 minutes, then take off the plastic. Your chewy lotus root dumplings are done!.
- Make the clear soup: Add the flavoring ingredients to 500 ml of dashi (make the dashi stock with kombu and shiitake mushrooms, or use dashi stock granules.).
- Heat up the Step 8 mixture, add the Step 7 lotus root dumplings and bring to a boil (don't heat for too long). Ladle into serving bowls, sprinkle in some chopped green onion and it's done..
If you find this Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.