Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect South Indian Breakfast – Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best South Indian Breakfast – Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to South Indian Breakfast – Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, just making a couple of modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. Even though you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to south indian breakfast – ven pongal & kadamba sambhar recipe. To cook south indian breakfast – ven pongal & kadamba sambhar you need 26 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare South Indian Breakfast – Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar:
- Take of For Pongal :.
- Use 1/2 Cup of Raw Rice.
- You need 1/4 cup of Moong Dhal/Paasi Parupu.
- Use 1 tsp of Ginger chopped.
- Provide 1 pinch of Hing/Asafoetida.
- Provide 1 tsp of Black Pepper Corns.
- Use 1 tsp of pepper powder.
- Use 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 2 tsp of jeera/cumin seeds.
- You need 1/3 cup of Milk.
- Prepare as needed of Few Cashew Nuts.
- Get as needed of Curry Leaves Little.
- Take to taste of Salt as per taste.
- Get of For Kadamba Sambhar:.
- Get 2 tsp of Oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of Methi /Fenugreek seeds.
- Get as needed of Mixed Veggies(Carrot,Beans,Peas,Sweet Potato,Potato) You can add veggies of your choice.
- Use as needed of Small Ball of Tamarind (Extract Paste).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sambhar Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 1/3 cup of Toor Dhal + 2tbsp Moong Dhal with little Turmeric Powder (Pressure cook it for 3 whistles).
- Prepare of To Temper:.
- Provide 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Urad Dhal.
- Prepare as needed of Curry Leaves Few.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
Steps to make South Indian Breakfast – Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar:
- For Pongal: Dry Roast raw rice and moong dhal in a pressure cooker..
- Keep that aside.Add 1 tbsp ghee,ginger and hing.Saute for a min..
- Add 3 cups of water,required salt and pressure cook them for 3 or 4 whistles..
- Once cooker is released mash the cooked rice and dhal well (Add water if it is too dry) and boil for sometime..
- In the end before tempering add milk and mix well and boil for a min. (This gives pongal a creamy texture and an awesome taste)..
- Add the black pepper powder..
- Take a tempering pan and add 1 or 2 tbsp of ghee. Once it is hot add the jeera,black pepper corns,curry leaves and cashew nuts. Saute well..
- Add the tempering to the pongal and serve hot with Sambhar and Chutney..
- Kadamba Sambhar: In a kadai add little oil. Once it heats up add little mustard seeds. Once it splutters add the methi seeds and saute..
- Add the mixed veggies and saute them for a min..
- Add the Sambhar Powder,Coriander Powder and salt and mix it well..
- Extract the tamarind and add them to the sambhar and add water..
- Boil them till the veggies get cooked well..
- Mash the toor dhal+moong dhal and add them by adjusting water if required..
- Boil till you get the froth and temper with Mustard seeds,Urad Dhal and Curry leaves..
If you find this South Indian Breakfast – Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.