Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Vitality.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of well being. Increasing our consumption of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more balanced feeling. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to help you feel healthy. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
For anybody who is not sensitive to nuts, try having some almonds! As an all-in-one vitality booster, almonds provide many health advantages. Almonds can be a natural source of B vitamins as well as other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, come with the enzyme tryptophan which may often make you sleepy. But once you eat almonds, you don’t feel like you should sleep a while. These nuts unwind the muscles and supply a general sense of comfort. Occasionally eating almonds can also be a mood increaser!
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato sausage & cheese chowder recipe. You can have potato sausage & cheese chowder using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder:
- Take 4 of med-large potatoes (red or russet).
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of celery stalk chopped.
- Take 1 of garlic clove minced.
- Get 1 of jalapeno diced.
- Take 6 of strips bacon.
- Use 1 packages of cajun or kialbasa sausage.
- Get 1/2 lb of cubed ham pieces.
- Provide 6 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chedder cheese soup.
- Use 1 can of kernel corn drained.
- Prepare 1 of salt, white pepper, garlic powder & cajun seasoning to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Provide 1 pints of half and half.
- Get 1 cup of pepper jack or mexican blend cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of velveeta cheese.
- Use 1 of regular milk if needed to thin out chowder.
Steps to make Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder:
- In large pot, brown chopped bacon till crispy, then remove to paper towel to drain..
- In same pot, keep the bacon grease and start to lightly brown sausage that is cut into 1/2 inch pieces then cut in half. Along with cubed ham..
- Once meat has cooked for a minute or two add in chopped up onion, celery and garlic and jalapeno. Saute with meat till veggies are tender. Add in diced potatoes and saute for a few minutes, this helps incorporate more flavor into the potato to me..
- Add in chicken broth and dried seasonings & can drained corn. Stir to incorporate. (If using red I like to leave skin on)Medium diced..
- If needed add some water or more chicken broth to cover potatoes then bring potatoes to a boil then lower to low and once potatoes are fork tender..
- Lower heat to lowest setting and add in half & half, soup,cheeses and simmer for about 20 minutes. Top with cooked bacon, shredded cheese and green onion. Serve hot.
- **SUBSTITUTES**–If you do not like spicy, you can leave out one or more the jalapeno, Cajun seasoning, and for sausage & cheese you can use mild sausage, I like kielbasa and for cheese you can do Mexican blend or any cheese you like over the pepper jack..
If you find this Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.