Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect South Indian Inspired Pea Soup with Tomato and Cauliflower recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect South Indian Inspired Pea Soup with Tomato and Cauliflower recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to South Indian Inspired Pea Soup with Tomato and Cauliflower recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re incessantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing several modest changes.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you presently eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to south indian inspired pea soup with tomato and cauliflower recipe. You can cook south indian inspired pea soup with tomato and cauliflower using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make South Indian Inspired Pea Soup with Tomato and Cauliflower:
- Get 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Use 2 of onions, minced.
- Take 3 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of ceylon cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of turmeric (haldi).
- Use 3 of dried red Indian chilis.
- You need 1 of handful curry leaves, chopped.
- Get 1 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- Get 3 medium of Indian green chilis.
- You need 3 small of Indian green chiles.
- Take 1 tbsp of coconut, dried or powder.
- Use 1 lb of dried split peas.
- You need 5 of plum tomatoes, diced.
- Use 1 head of cauliflower, coarsely chopped into florets.
- Prepare 10 cup of water.
- Use 1 bunch of fresh cilantro.
Steps to make South Indian Inspired Pea Soup with Tomato and Cauliflower:
- Heat the oil on low in an 8 qt pressure cooker.
- Add the onions and salt as the base.
- Add the next 8 ingredients to the mix.
- When the mixture cooks down a pit, add the tomatoes and peas.
- Cook the mixture for a minute or two to soften the tomato, and then add the cauliflower florets.
- Add the water.
- Seal and bring to pressure, holding at pressure for 10 minutes..
- Turn off heat and let settle 10 more minutes..
- Cool and depressurize the pressure cooker by running under cold water..
- Stir and mix in cilantro.
- Salt to taste and serve, keeping in mind that pea soup starts off thin and thickens substantially over time. If the mixture becomes too thick, ad water and salt as desired..
If you find this South Indian Inspired Pea Soup with Tomato and Cauliflower recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.