Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy Potato & Chickpea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Potato & Chickpea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Goodies.
We all know that having healthy snacks can help us truly feel better inside our bodies. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is a fantastic option as long as you don’t possess a nut allergy. As an all-in-one vitality booster, almonds offer you many health advantages. Various minerals and vitamins are found in these wonderful nuts. Almonds, like turkey, have the enzyme tryptophan that may often allow you to be sleepy. When it comes to almonds, however, they wont cause you to long for a nap. These nuts relax the muscles and offer a general sense of peace. Your emotional condition can often be lifted simply by eating almonds.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy potato & chickpea soup recipe. You can have spicy potato & chickpea soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Potato & Chickpea Soup:
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 large of onion, finely chopped.
- Take 3 of garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed.
- You need 1 of carrot, quartered and thinly sliced.
- You need 12 oz of potatoes, diced.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Take 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of mild curry powder.
- Take 14 oz of can chopped tomatoes in juice.
- Prepare 3 3/4 cup of water.
- Provide 14 oz of can chopped tomatoes in juice(this is your second can of tomatoes, now).
- Take 1/4 tsp of chili paste, or to taste.
- Provide 14 oz of can chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- Provide 3 oz of fresh or frozen peas.
- Take 1 of salt & pepper (any amount is fine, personal preference).
- Get 1 of chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish.
Steps to make Spicy Potato & Chickpea Soup:
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is beginning to soften..
- Add the carrot, potatoes, turmeric, garam masala, and curry powder and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, water, and chili paste with a large pinch of salt. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the chickpeas and peas to the pan, continue cooking for about 15 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender..
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning, if necessary, adding a little more chili if wished. Ladle into warm soup bowls and sprinkle with cilantro..
If you find this Spicy Potato & Chickpea Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.