Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Snacks.
Healthy and balanced eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. This is usually a problem, however, with regards to eating between goodies. Finding goodies that help us feel better and boost our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
When looking for a convenient nutritious snack, don’t forget about yogurt. The fact is, many individuals will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we really do not recommend. Low fat yogurt makes a wonderful snack, however. It consists of a great deal of calcium, protein, and B vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your gastrointestinal system work properly depending upon the culture used to create it. Yogurt combines wonderfully with nuts along with seeds. It’s an easy way to minimize sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
There are lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to leftover ham and lentil soup recipe. To cook leftover ham and lentil soup you need 30 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup:
- Use of Base.
- Use of Hunk of butter (or oil).
- Get 1 of onion, diced.
- Get 3 cloves of garlic.
- Get 3 of carrots.
- You need 1 tsp of flour.
- Take Splash of wine.
- Use 1 cup of stock (chicken/pork/veggie all work).
- Use of Bouquet Garni (herb bundle).
- Provide of Cheesecloth.
- Use of Butcher’s twine.
- Use 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Take 2 of bay leaves, broken.
- You need 2 of allspice.
- Use 2 of star anise.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- Use 1/2 tsp of black peppercorns.
- Get 1/2 tsp of fenugreek.
- Prepare 1 of dried chili pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Get of The Soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry lentils (green or yellow).
- Get 1 of Tupperware of leftover roasted ham, diced.
- Get 1/2 tsp of cumin (optional).
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala (optional).
- Provide of Salt and pepper.
- Provide of Garnish.
- Prepare of Chopped fresh cilantro.
- You need of Sour cream.
- Provide of Croutons.
Steps to make Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup:
- Cook your lentils. Wash dry lentils thoroughly (all sorts of weird stuff turns up in dry lentils, I found a piece of wood in mine). Add to a large pot of boiling water, boil for half an hour and drain, reserving water..
- Make your herb bundle. Double layer a square of cheesecloth. Lay all the things you don’t want to chew in the middle. Bundle it up, tying with butcher’s twine. Do not make my mistake and include veggie stalks – I thought it would be an easy way to impart more flavour, but forgot they would expand and stretch out the cheesecloth..
- Make your base. Melt some butter; sauté onions, carrots, etc. until soft. Add the herb bundle, push it around for a bit, then toss it in the soup pot. Add minced garlic, cooking briefly. Add flour and cook until nutty. Splash in the wine, scraping the bottom of the pan to get the good bits while letting the alcohol evaporate. Slowly incorporate stock..
- Amass the soup! Add your delicious veggie mixture to a crock pot or large soup pot. Add the cooked lentils. Add the reserved lentil water until everything looks a bit too runny. Add cumin and garam masala, if using, and salt and pepper. Cook on low for as long as you’ve got (1-3h) on low heat..
- Get some texture. Dig out the herb bundle and 2 cups of soup. Purée the rest with a hand blender. Return veggies. Fry ham (with basting sauce, if you still have it) and add..
- Garnish and serve!.
If you find this Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.