Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Oha Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Oha Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Oha Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making a few small changes.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to change everything immediately or that you should altogether eliminate certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make major changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. Soon enough, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to oha soup recipe. You can have oha soup using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Oha Soup:
- Prepare 1 kg of palm fruit.
- Prepare 4 bunch of Oha Leaf.
- Provide 1 bunch of Uziza leaf.
- You need 1 kg of goat meat.
- Prepare 1 of large head stock fish.
- You need 1/2 kg of offal (shaki, roundabout).
- You need 7 of snail 🐌 (washed).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of crayfish (blended).
- Get 6 of coco yam.
- You need 4 of knorr cube.
- Get 8 of fresh habanero pepper (blended).
- You need of Kpomo dice.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Get 1 of large dry catfish.
- Get 2 of wraps of ogiri.
Instructions to make Oha Soup:
- Wash and parboil palm fruit till it’s tender and cooked through; this should take roughly 30mins depending on your burner.
- Drain palm fruit and place in a mortar; pound till you shred out the palm fruit skin, while you are at it, boil water for the extraction and set aside.
- Add boiled water into the palm fruit and stir; (be careful not to hurt yourself) and sieve out the juice once you are done, heat up the juice and allow it cook till it starts to concentrate, (you can decide to parboiled your meat in the palm fruit juice or separate, I prefer separate so I can spice my meat to my taste).
- Wash goat meat, offal, stock fish and parboil with little water spice with salt, knorr cube and pepper allow to cook till it’s tender halfway add the kpomo and snail reason is to avoid over cooking it.
- In a small pot, wash coco yam and cook till it’s tender; remove the back peel and pound in a mortar adding a little palm fruit oil to help ease the pounding and avoid lumps. Once you are done set aside.
- Once the palm fruit is getting concentrated add the cooked meat and the dry cat fish after washing it allow it cook for 10mins, then add the coco yam this will help thicken the soup.
- Shred Oha leaf with your hands and not with a knife (myth not verified) dice uziza leaf; wash the leaf separately and set them aside.
- Add crayfish, pepper, knorr cube, ogiri and salt stir after about 5mins add oha leaf and uziza leaf immediately after stir and turn off heat.
- Serve with hot yellow eba.
If you find this Oha Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.