Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Raising Snack foods.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and less of the bad ones we usually feel much better. A little bit of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
If you are looking for a quick snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that additional boost you need to get going. When you require a fast snack food on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the change from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
There are lots of healthy treats you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash and sweet potato soup recipe. You can cook butternut squash and sweet potato soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup:
- Prepare 1 of butternut squash medium.
- Use 1 of spanish onion.
- You need 3 – 4 cloves of garlic , chopped.
- Use of sage.
- You need of thyme.
- Use 1 of yam garnet.
- You need 1 of apple.
- Get 2 of celery , chopped sticks.
- Take 2 – 3 cups of vegetable broth (as needed).
- Use of salt.
- You need of pepper.
Instructions to make Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup:
- Wash whole butternut squash, cut of stem, and place in crock pot at and cook at low heat for 7-8 hours. (alternatively if you do not own a crock pot, place in dutch oven at 200 degrees for similar length of time).
- After 7 hours or when squash is soft, remove from pot, cut squash in half and let cool. Be sure to save any remaining liquid in pot for later use.
- Meanwhile, finely chop onion and celery and apple and saute in olive oil until very soft. Then add chopped garlic.
- Cut yam into small cubes and place in separate pan with olive oil, cook for several minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently, then add 1/4 cup or less of water and cover. Reduce heat to low and continue to check and stir frequently until yams are soft..
- Once the squash is cool, scoop out seeds and remove skin, then place in large soup pot under low heat.
- Add leftover liquid, vegetable broth, and combine all other cooked ingredients into pot as well..
- Use a potato masher to mash everything until the soup reaches a relatively uniform consistency, adding additional broth if necessary. (still cooking on low heat).
- Add sage, thyme, salt and pepper to taste..
- Note: Using curry powder and related spices instead of thyme and sage also creates a delicious outcome!.
If you find this Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.