Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Spinach Dal Curry/Siru Keerai Masiyal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spinach Dal Curry/Siru Keerai Masiyal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making some modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you don’t want to eat. For instance, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spinach dal curry/siru keerai masiyal recipe. You can have spinach dal curry/siru keerai masiyal using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Spinach Dal Curry/Siru Keerai Masiyal:
- You need 1 bunch of siru keerai ( Amaranthus ).
- Get 1 cup of toor dal.
- Use 1 of onion (chopped).
- You need 2 of tomato (chopped).
- Get 2 of green chillies.
- Use 10 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of cumin seeds.
- Use 1/2tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbspn of pepper.
- Get 1/2tsp of asafoetida / hing.
- Take To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup (250 ml) of water.
- You need of Tempering.
- Take 2 tbspn of oil/ghee.
- You need 1 of dry red chilli.
- Take 1tsp of vadagam / mustard seeds.
Steps to make Spinach Dal Curry/Siru Keerai Masiyal:
- In a pressure cooker wash and add dal, onion, tomato, green chillies, garlic,cumin seeds and pepper corns..
- Then wash and add the chopped greens to the cooker. Pour 1 cup water and add turmeric powder. Cook for 4 whistles on medium flame..
- Allow pressure to release and mash the dal and greens together add salt and adjust the consistency by adding water if you need..
- Now for tempering heat oil/ghee add vadavam, dry red chilli and asofetida. Pour over the dal and mix well..
If you find this Spinach Dal Curry/Siru Keerai Masiyal recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.