Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Egg Drop Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Egg Drop Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Treats.
We are all aware that eating healthy foods can help us feel better inside our bodies. Increasing our intake of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones contributes to a more balanced feeling. A salad helps us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a struggle because you have so many options. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Yogurt is a snack a lot of people take for granted. Eating natural yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. You can’t beat yogurt when it comes to a wholesome snack though. It contains tons of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your gastrointestinal system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to make it. Easy hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an simple way to minimize sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily accessible. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy egg drop soup recipe. To make easy egg drop soup you only need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Egg Drop Soup:
- Prepare 4 cups of unsalted stock (Chicken, pork, veg or any combo thereof is fine. Beef would taste ok, but if you used a roasted bone stock, you might get a darker than desired broth.).
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, sliced into 1/4" thick slices.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need 2.5 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil (optional).
- Provide 1.5-3 Tablespoons of corn or potato starch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water (this is called a slurry).
- Use 2-3 of eggs, thoroughly whisked.
- Prepare of finely chopped green onion for garnish.
- Prepare to taste of black pepper.
Steps to make Easy Egg Drop Soup:
- Put stock, water, carrot and garlic into a pot or large saucepan and bring to a boil for 2 minutes or so, covered, over medium high heat..
- Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for another 10 minutes or so to extract flavor from the aromatics – sweet from the carrot, savory from the garlic..
- Skim out the carrot and garlic, turn the heat back up to medium high, and stir in salt, toasted sesame oil, and starch slurry. Bring the soup back up to a boil for 2 minutes (bringing it to a boil activates the starch so it thickens the soup more effectively)..
- Turn the heat off and give the soup a few good stirs to let it cool just a little bit. Then stir again to create a gentle whirpool, pour in your whisked eggs, and let the gentle heat do its magic to cook the eggs. Stir gently again once or twice to distribute the eggs. You want the soup at a temperature where the egg just sets, which is what gives it that silky texture. If the egg overcooks, then it takes on a chewier more scrambled texture, but the starch does help to prevent overcooking..
- Ladle into a bowl and garnish with chopped green onion and black pepper to taste. (White pepper is often used for this soup, but if you don't have white pepper, like I don't have white pepper, then black pepper it is! 🙂 ) Enjoy!.
If you find this Easy Egg Drop Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.