Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a few small changes.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. Although you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to carrot soup w/ coconut and lemongrass recipe. You can cook carrot soup w/ coconut and lemongrass using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass:
- Get 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Get 1 of lemongrass stalk, trimmed and tough outer layer discarded.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of finely grated ginger.
- Get 1 tbsp of red thai curry paste.
- Get 1 lb of carrots, sliced.
- Take 1 quart of hot vegetable stock.
- Use 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 1 of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 6 oz of coconut milk.
- You need 1 of lime.
Instructions to make Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass:
- In large saucepan heat oil and add onion. Cook for 3-4 mins until soft..
- Next add lemongrass, ginger, and garlic and cook for 2 mins. Add curry paste and cook for 1 min stirring all the time..
- Add carrots and cook for 2 mins..
- Add the vegetable stock and lime leaves and simmer for 20-25 mins until carrots are tender..
- Remove from heat and discard lime leaves. Add coconut milk and puree the soup in a food processor..
- Garnish with black pepper and serve with a lime wedge..
If you find this Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.