Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Red lentil soup – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red lentil soup – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that many people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making some small changes.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil soup – vegan recipe. You can have red lentil soup – vegan using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Red lentil soup – vegan:
- Use 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Take 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need of Generous pinch cayenne pepper.
- Take 1/2 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushes.
- Take 2 of carrots, chopped quite small.
- Get 2 of celery sticks, chopped quite small.
- Use 1 of potato, peeled and chopped quite small.
- Get 1/2 cup of red lentils.
- Prepare 750 ml of – 1 l vegan/ veggie stock: i start with 750ml and add more if needed.
- Take of juice of half a lemon.
- Get to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Some chilli flakes and parsley leaves to garnish if you like.
Instructions to make Red lentil soup – vegan:
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 10 mins til the onion is soft..
- Add the cumin, turmeric, cayenne and garlic. Sauté for a few mins..
- Add the carrots and celery. Stir for a minute or two. Add the potato. Sauté for a few mins..
- Add the lentils and the stock. Simmer for 25 mins or so until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste..
- Sprinkle some cumin or chilli flakes on top. And a few parsley or celery leaves. Enjoy 😋.
If you find this Red lentil soup – vegan recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.