Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Kale and Chorizo soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kale and Chorizo soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kale and Chorizo soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few modest changes.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. If you presently are eating lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kale and chorizo soup recipe. To cook kale and chorizo soup you only need 27 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Kale and Chorizo soup:
- Prepare 1 half of bunch of fresh kale (already chopped is ok too).
- Take 1 package of chorizo sausage (usually two to a package).
- Prepare 1 of large potato.
- Use 4 cloves of garlic.
- Take 1 half of roasted or marinated red pepper.
- Get 1 can of tomato soup.
- Provide 1/4 cup of sofrito (recipe follows).
- You need 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Take 1 tbsp of salt.
- Take 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Get 2 of Bay leaves.
- Provide 1 tbsp of EVOO.
- Use 1 of lime.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- Take of SOFRITO recipe : Blended well.
- You need 1 of yellow onion.
- Get 1 of red bell pepper.
- Take 1 of green pepper.
- Take 1 of bulb of garlic (half a bulb if using elephant garlic).
- Use 1 of whole bunch of cilantro.
- Get 1 of whole bunch of recao (if you can find it).
- Use 1 half of cup of EVOO.
- Provide 1 tbsp of salt.
- Provide 1/4 tbsp of black pepper.
- Use 1 of tspn of Oil of Anato or saffron (substitute with a packet of sazon if necessary).
- Get of Save the rest for future recipes.
Instructions to make Kale and Chorizo soup:
- Chop kale in short strips, chop potatoes, and slice the chorizo. Smash the 4 cloves of garlic (do not chop this garlic, put in whole)..
- Pour the EVOO into hot large soup pot. Then the sofrito, bay leaf, garlic, and chorizo. Once that starts sizzling, put in rest of the ingredients: kale, potatoes, roasted red pepper, tomato soup, spices and water. Add salt and pepper if necessary. Let that boil until potatoes and kale are tender..
- Kale will eventual wilt. Squeeze a little lime and eat with some nice crusty bread. I like to sprinkle a little grated Parmesan over it. Bom Proveito!.
If you find this Kale and Chorizo soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.