Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Energy.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of health and wellbeing. If we eat more healthy foods and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This is often a problem, nevertheless, when it comes to eating between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
Eating almonds is a wonderful choice as long as you don’t have a nut allergy. As an all-in-one energy booster, almonds offer you many health benefits. Several nutritional vitamins tend to be found in these wonderful nuts. Almonds, like turkey, have the enzyme tryptophan that may often allow you to be sleepy. Regarding almonds, however, they wont allow you to long for a nap. Alternatively, these nuts aid in reducing stress and provide a soothing feeling throughout your body. Occasionally eating almonds can even be a mood enhancer!
You will not have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) recipe. To make caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) you only need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- Take 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- Provide 1 of chouriço,linguiça or Spanish chorizo sliced in 1/4 inch rounds.
- Take 1 of large onion, diced.
- Take to taste of Salt and white pepper,.
- Take 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 6 of large potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Use 4 cups of chicken stock AND 3 cups of water.
- You need 1 pound of (medium bunch) collard greens or kale, sliced thin *****.
Instructions to make Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- In a large pot, add your olive oil and brown the chouriço on medium heat. Allow the fat from the sausage to really come out as this helps flavour the soup. Once done, remove chouriço with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, then add your garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add your raw potatoes to the pot, stir then add your water and chicken broth. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Using a wand blender, puree the soup to a smooth consistency. You want it mostly smooth but a few SMALL potato pieces are fine..
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Add your collard greens (or kale) and your choiriço back to the pot and bring back up to just a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 3-5 min.
- Serve with bread if desired.
- ** note: remember to remove the stem from your greens.
If you find this Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.