Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re always being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, simply making some modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you most probably buy a lot of items out of habit. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's tortilla soup & green chile corn bread recipe. You can have mike's tortilla soup & green chile corn bread using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread:
- Get of Chicken Tortilla Soup & Garnishes.
- Get 3 lb of Shredded Chicken [rotisserie chicken preferred].
- Take 2 (32 oz) of Boxes Chicken Broth.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of Each: Celery With Leaves & White Onions.
- Use 1 cup of Fresh Carrots [chopped].
- Prepare 1 cup of Fresh Cilantro.
- Prepare 3 of large Jalapeños [diced & de-seeded].
- Get 6 of large Roasted Hatch Green Chili's Or 7 oz Can Diced Green Chil.
- Prepare 1 of large Tomato Or 10 oz Can Rotell Tomatoes.
- Provide 1 cup of Corn.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Each: Ground Cumin – Onion Powder.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of Lime Salt – Sea Salt Or Powdered Chicken Bouillon.
- Take 1/3 tbsp of Coarse Ground Black Pepper – Red Pepper Flakes – Cayenn.
- Get 2 tbsp of Minced Garlic Or 1 tablespoon Powdered Garlic.
- Get 1 tsp of Lime Juice [if not using lime salt].
- Take 1 of 12" Flour Tortilla [cut into spoon sized bites – add in the la.
- Use 1 Handful of Mexican 3 Cheese [to tame & thicken].
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Mexican Oregano.
- Get 2 tbsp of Of Your Favorite Salsa [optional-hot or mild. just for a.
- You need 1 of GARNISHES / TOPPINGS: Colored Tortillas [deep fried] Mexican 3.
- Prepare 1 of White Onions – Green Onions – Cilantro – Jalapeños – Lime Wedg.
Steps to make Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread:
- Always keep your chicken [or other bloody meats/seafoods] away from any of your kitchen items or foods. This will help prevent any cross contamination..
- Pre-cooked and hand shredded Rotisserie Chicken seems to work best in this dish for roasted flavor purposes. It's also much less work. Just shread it into spoon sized pieces and place in a larger pot..
- If using raw chicken or chicken breasts, trim the fat and wash your chicken then simply boil them in chicken broth or water until fully cooked before going any further..
- Again, if using chicken breasts, check for doneness by sticking a knife in the thickest part of your largest chicken breast after 25 – 30 minutes of boiling. Make certain all fluids run clear and not pink. If at all pink or red in color, boil until ALL fluids run clear..
- Place everything together [other than your bite sized Tortilla pieces and anything in the GARNISHMENTS / TOPPINGS section] in the same larger shreadded chicken pot and simmer for 1 hour at a minimum. Longer if at all possible..
- In the last 5 – 10 minutes of boiling [meaning your carrots are fully cooked] add your chopped, spoon sized Flour Tortillas to your pot. These will serve you well as both a soup thickener and a tummy filler..
- To serve, ladle soup in bowl and have your guests garnish their bowls with as many GARNISHMENTS / TOPPERS as they desire. These toppings are also essential to the meal since most will actually curb much of the Scoville heat, add fantastic contrasts and flavor and round your meal all together..
- Authors Note: You can purchase multi colored, pre-fried Tortilla strips in most chain stores. However, if you cannot, simply purchase multi colored flour Tortillas, cut into thin strips and deep fry in a high heat oil until crispy. Then drain on a paper towel or equivalent. Or, you have the option of serving whole, larger, pre-packaged chips..
- Serve this soup with this EASY Cheddar Green Chile Corn Bread. Use a basic box of Jiffy Brand Corn Bread and mix according to manufacturer's directions. Add to that 1/2 cup fine chopped Hatch Green Chilies or Jalapeños, 1 teaspoon Cumin and 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese. Sprinkle top with Cheddar as well. Bake as directed..
If you find this Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.