Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Irish Potato Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Irish Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Irish Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making some small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
Initially, you must be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you no longer wish to eat. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One nutritious substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to irish potato soup recipe. To cook irish potato soup you need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Irish Potato Soup:
- Provide of soup.
- Use 5 tbsp of reserved bacon fat.
- Take 1 cup of minced onion.
- Provide 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 5 cup of chicken stock.
- Use 1 lb of russet potatoes, cleaned and large dice.
- Use 2 1/2 cup of cooked ham, large cube cuts.
- Prepare 3 cup of fresh kale, rough chop.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh corn cut off the cob.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground white pepper.
- Take 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
Steps to make Irish Potato Soup:
- I suggest to have all your items prepped and ready as this dish gets ready very quickly..
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat, melt bacon fat..
- Sweat onions in fat, this just cooks them until they turn translucent. Add in salt and worcestershire sauce..
- Sprinkle flour over onions and stir and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add stock and whisk until smooth and it comes to a low boil. If mixture is too thick add a small amount of extra stock..
- Add in all the other ingredients. Stir well, lower heat to medium low. Cover and cook 25 minutes..
- Serve with a side salad or hot fresh bread. Enjoy..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
If you find this Irish Potato Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.