Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, just making a few minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you currently consume plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can cook chicken tortilla soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Prepare of Small onion chopped.
- Provide 2 of celery stalks chopped.
- Provide of Avocados.
- Prepare of Corn tortillas.
- You need 1 of large can of Whole peeled tomatoes (canned or fresh).
- You need of Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Provide of Chicken stock.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Provide of All purpose seasoning.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- You need of Cumin.
Steps to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Cut the corn tortillas into strips and lightly (1-2 tbsp of oil) fry them on a pan or put them in the oven, making sure you flip them over until a golden crisp. Congratulations you've just made tortilla chips!.
- Cook onion until translucent, add the chicken and cook until done. Add the whole peeled tomatoes and chicken stock (I use 2 cartons of chicken stock and that feeds a family of four adults and two kids with some leftover). Add the salt, pepper and all purpose seasoning. Let it simmer to a low boil. Add the chopped up cilantro to the last 2-3 minutes of simmering time..
- In your soup bowl, layer with a few strips of tortilla, a couple pieces of avocado, a sprinkle of cheese. Pour soup into your bowl and top with remaining avocados, cheese and a couple of tortilla strips (it can be done with 1/2 of an avocado and a serving size of the blue container for the cheese). You can add a teeny tiny drop of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt. Enjoy!.
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.